Linux Application Manager ( German & English )
Zurich – Switzerland
On behalf of our client, a well known Swiss Company, we are currently looking for an experienced German and English speaking Linux Application Manager, for a role based at our client’s site in Zurich – Switzerland.
Do you feel at home in the Linux application landscapes? Then we look forward to your application.
- You ensure reliable application operation by performing release, incident, change and problem management, as well as ensuring the operation of the output management systems (OMS) and peripheral systems.
- With your support you help the application users and take over the 1st level support as well as the preparation for the 2nd or 3rd level support.
- You will develop workflows for customer processes and work on projects in the area of responsibility (OMS and peripheral systems). This also includes the preparation of customer-specific requirements and advice on industry-specific issues.
- In order to be able to guarantee high system availability, monitor the automation services (Control M) and their interfaces.
- The communication and the implementation of changes or renewals and further developments in the application environment are also part of your area of responsibility.
- You are responsible for data maintenance and implement monitoring and reporting functions with the Event Log Management from Splunk.
- You are part of the 24/7 production operation and the IT service delivery team. You are ready to support the on-call service for a week every 2 months.
- You have successfully completed a technical apprenticeship as a computer scientist
- Have already gained experience in the support and operation of application landscapes in the Linux environment.
- At least 6 years of experience in a similar role
- Have strong Linux system knowledge and be familiar with log management and data analysis (Splunk).
- Experience in the database environment (MySQL, Oracle)
- Your personality is characterized by an analytical, networked and solution-oriented way of thinking.
- You are always enthusiastic and open to learning new things.
- Team player and able to cope under pressure
- Fluent in German and good knowledge of English