I’m recruiting for ITPC Project Manager MUST HAVE E2E project delivery experience and be familiar with CJM, CMUI TOMS and ITPC platform and service ownership. Remote working (UK ONLY) Daily rate DOE.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition of the project derived from the agreed business scope and requirements producing key foundation documentation including Project Definition Report, governance and control documentation and schedules.
- Contributes to business cases and ensures that business cases get signed off in a timely way.
- Manage and control the project budget working closely with the Business owner and where appropriate the Programme Manager.
- Ensures that the appropriate resources are allocated to the Project working with Operations PMO Services, programme managers and Functional areas.
- Provide End-to-End Project Management.
- Operate effective quality management and configuration control
- Effectively managing and controlling change.
- Operate prioritisation mechanisms working with both the PMO services team, Project Management Practice Managers and the Technology functions.
- Maintaining and complying with performance measures for delivery and efficiency
- Project life cycle management and compliance via approval gating and control mechanisms
- Employing effective project governance to ensure delivery to Time, Cost, Quality and agreed scope working closely with Business Owners
- Operate effective project controls employing effective Risk, Issue and Dependency management
- Operating Project continuous improvement via Lessons learnt and post implementation review mechanisms.
- Efficiently closing projects and disbanding temporary project teams for reassignment.
- Provide clear and effective communication
- Manages stakeholders including Telefonica internal groups and external suppliers.
- Employ effective Leadership and drive the Project organisation to develop and improve.
- Exercise clear and effective Matrix management of the Project team drawn from various areas of the business through excellent interpersonal skills and clear efficient work breakdown structures.
- Establish, Maintain and Publish a Risk Register (RAID) for each Project
- Establish and implement a Communications Plan for each Project
- Monitor the Tasks conducted and reported by the Delivery Team
- Establish and Facilitate Project Events, including where necessary tasks normally associated with a Delivery Manager’s role, such as CRQ’s, Work Request Forms and Change Implementation plans
- Establish and chair regular project meetings and publish minutes thereof
- Ensure Products and Services provided by Vendors and 3rd Parties are available as defined within the Project Plan
- Update Client’s Project Management and Reporting Tools – Clarity and Perform
- Present Project Status Updates at Internal and Client Project Review Meetings
- Conduct Impact Assessment of Changes to Projects
- Identify needs for Delivery Management Resources for Team
- Closely Monitor the Closure of Project Remedy CRQ’s to ensure Closure within the KPI
- Monitor & Manage Remedy cases.
A brief overview of key criteria:
- Effective leadership and communications skills, projecting competence and credibility
- Experience running projects in large organisations where time to market and cost are critical success factors
- Experience of working in an environment of change involving new systems, new processes and culture change
- Stakeholder management skills to Senior level
- Driven and focussed, insists on high level of performance and does not become resigned to the inevitability of delays.
- Willingness to challenge the status quo and adopt innovative delivery mechanisms
- Proven track record of delivery and a track record of achieving results through people in a Matrix delivery team
- Proven track record in capability development
- Structured and methodical, detailed conscious planner.
- Telecoms Network or IT experience is a key advantage
- Preferably a member of the Association for Project Management, Prince 2 Practitioner, PMI equivalent or PPM accredited.
- Desirable: Knowledge of Telefónica UK business processes and cross-functional working experience.
- In a position to work 24/7, managing project events out of hours on occassion
- Work on customer premises as required